There is a great deal of research to suggest
that eating certain foods can actually help prevent
cancer. Although there are a great many books on the
subject, we have trawled through them to bring you some
useful tips and information on how to alter your diet
to include some cancer prevention foods. Taking an interest
in nutrition and healthy eating can lead to a greater
sense of well-being and an increase in self esteem.
If we feel that we are looking after ourselves, with
food or exercise our inner body harmony increases and
we begin to like our body's more.
Cooking can sometimes feel like a tedious
job. What should we eat? What have got in the cupboard?
Often you'd rather be reaching for the phone to order
your take-away than reaching for the veggies! In light
of this we have given you a few basic tips for foods
to look out for next time you are in the supermarket
but further reading of the book 'Total Breast Health'
by Robin Keuneke will provide invaluable information
and recipes for 'breast healthy' meals!
Foods to Buy
- Flaxseed / unheated flaxseed oil
- Unheated extra-virgin olive oil
- Soy based foods/Tofu is a good option
- Fresh garlic
- Parsley / rosemary / raw spinach
- Salmon / rainbow trout / tuna / sardines / cod / herring
- Dark leafy green vegetables
- Raw vegetables
- Organic foods
Top Tip: Increasing your intake
of raw vegetables can provide an important source of
healing enzymes, which is a major factor in breast health.
Foods that should be avoided
- heated /frying oils
- fried /grilled / burnt foods. Burnt foods produce
toxins which can be harmful to the body.
- Highly refined supermarket oils
- Poach / steam / pressure cook food where possible
- Use fresh uncooked extra virgin oil, rather than cooking
with oil, try a little water instead. Then pour the
oil over the food at the end to add taste.
- Never microwave food in a plastic container
- Always filter tapwater
We have teamed up with Amazon to find
some excellent books that may be of interest to you.